NewsCO.com.au–Prince George pictured in alleged terror guide

NewsCO.com.au–Prince George pictured in alleged terror guide

49
0
SHARE

A MAN has appeared in court charged with terror offences, including sharing a picture of Prince George and his school address in a “terror guide”.

Husnain Rashid, 31, faced Westminster Magistrates Court on Wednesday charged with preparing to commit terrorist acts and assisting others to commit acts of terror, including providing guides, tips and suggested targets for attacks.

The 31-year-old spoke only to confirm his name and nationality, but indicated he would plead not guilty to the two charges.
The court heard how he shared the address for Prince George’s exclusive primary school in London with the words: “Even the Royal Family won’t be left alone”.

Prosecutor Rebecca Munday said a post on the Telegram messaging app included a “photo of the young Prince George at the beginning of the school term next to a silhouette of an ISIS fighter.”

Rashid was also accused of calling for attacks on sports stadiums and the Jewish community.

The Royal Family has round-the-clock security protection, with new members like Meghan Markle reportedly undergoing extensive training to prepare for being a potential target.

Alex Bomberg, a former Royal Aide and CEO of close protection firm Intelligent Protection International, told the Independent “pretty much every senior member of the Royal Family has been through that training.”

“If you can imagine her being put into a room, being treated as if she was a hostage, the room being stormed by the SAS, she will be put through that training,” he said following news last week the US actress would marry Prince Harry.

“They would also receive training about how to behave without close protection i.e. what they might do if things go wrong.”

It comes as UK security services revealed they thwarted a plot to kill Prime Minister Theresa May by detonating a bomb outside Downing Street and attacking her with a knife.

It’s one of nine alleged plots to have been disrupted since the Westminster Bridge attack in March and comes amid warnings of an unprecedented threat from UK intelligence agencies.

On Wednesday, 20-year-old Naa’imur Zakariyah Rahman faced court charged with the assassination plot.

State prosecutor Mark Carroll said Rahman planned to detonate an improvised explosive device at the Downing Street gates, then, in the ensuing chaos, try to enter the building “with a view to trying to kill the Prime Minister”.

It’s alleged he carried out reconnaissance of the area and Rahman is also charged with assisting another man, Mohammad Aqib Imran, to prepare separate terror acts. Imran, 21, is accused of trying to join the Islamic State jihadist terror group by trying to obtain a fake passport with a view to travelling to Libya.

The men were arrested on November 28. They both appeared wearing grey tracksuits. Rahman had long black hair while Imran had shorter hair and a beard.

Lawyers for the pair gave no indication of their plea on their first court appearance so not guilty pleas were formally registered.

— With wires

NewsCO.com.au – #1 – All News First!

Twitter – @realnewsco

MELBOURNE.GOLD find Gold Class Professional Services & Service Providers

TheNlpDirectory.com – Find NLP Practitioners, Hypnotherapists, Therapists, Life Coaches, Personal Coach

Rochelle Silver – Exclusive Connections Introduction Agency

Exclusive Connections Introduction Agency Melbourne – NewsCO Business of the Month

Superstar.news – Hollywood Gossip News

Flipselfy.com – Buy my selfy at Fljpselfy

LUSH WEDNESDAYS Melbourne Nightclub